- The Dorit & Ben J. Genet Cupboard – Volunteers are needed to help with sorting and bagging food, delivering food to those in our community who cannot come to The Dorit & Ben J. Genet Cupboard, helping clients as they shop, developing social media campaigns, and providing administrative support, such as ordering supplies, contacting food donors, scheduling volunteers and drivers, and other activities as needed.
- Friendly Visitors (Holocaust survivors, as well as older adult clients) – Our Friendly Visitor program matches volunteers with socially isolated and often homebound Holocaust survivors and/or older adult clients in our community. Volunteers meet with their matched client for at least one hour every week to provide companionship and a social connection. When possible, matches are created based on common interests, hobbies and location. Friendly Visitors fulfill a sacred role by reminding these individuals that they remain an important part of our community.
- Friendly Caller (Holocaust survivors, as well as older adult clients) – Friendly Caller volunteers call isolated, homebound Holocaust survivors and/or older adult clients once a week. As a Friendly Caller, volunteers check in, chat and make sure the person is doing well.
- Food Card Delivery Program (Holocaust survivors, as well as older adult clients) – Volunteers are needed to make regular monthly home deliveries of grocery gift cards. Each volunteer delivers grocery cards to a group of clients. This requires driving to GJFS to pick up the gift cards and delivering the gift cards to our clients’ homes. Clients depend on these gift cards for monthly assistance with food shopping expenses.
- Administrative Support – Assist in the day-to-day operations of the agency by providing support in the following areas: special projects, clerical tasks and other valued work. You will work side-by-side with our staff providing the behind-the-scenes help that makes our organization run smoothly.
- Special Events – Goodman JFS holds several events throughout the year that educates the community about those we serve and helps raise the funds we need to continue our work. Volunteers are vital to the success of these programs, which involve planning, fundraising, socializing and creativity.
- RAK PAK – Volunteers are needed to help with sorting clothing, helping clients as they shop during their appointment, help schedule appointments and other activities as needed.
The Teen Board meets once a month, on the first Wednesday of the month. At these meetings, they plan for the next month’s events, sign up for volunteer opportunities, eat pizza, and socialize. They volunteer at The Dorit & Ben J. Genet Cupboard on various Sundays, at the major Goodman JFS fundraising events and they create baskets of food for members of our community who are in need. For more information, please email: email@example.com.