Can Change a Life
- The Cupboard – JFS Kosher Food Pantry – Volunteers are needed to help with sorting and bagging food, delivering food to those in our community who cannot come to The Cupboard, helping clients as they shop, developing social media campaigns, and providing administrative support, such as ordering supplies, contacting food donors, scheduling volunteers and drivers, and other activities as needed.
- Friendly Visitors (Holocaust survivors, as well as older adult clients) – Our Friendly Visitor program matches volunteers with socially isolated and often homebound Holocaust survivors and/or older adult clients in our community. Volunteers meet with their matched client for at least one hour every week to provide companionship and a social connection. When possible, matches are created based on common interests, hobbies and location. Friendly Visitors fulfill a sacred role by reminding these individuals that they remain an important part of our community..
- Friendly Caller (Holocaust survivors, as well as older adult clients) – Friendly Caller volunteers call isolated, homebound Holocaust survivors and/or older adult clients once a week. As a Friendly Caller, volunteers check in, chat and make sure the person is doing well.
- Food Card Delivery Program (Holocaust survivors, as well as older adult clients) – Volunteers are needed to make regular monthly home deliveries of grocery gift cards. Each volunteer delivers grocery cards to a group of clients. This requires driving to GJFS to pick up the gift cards and delivering the gift cards to our clients’ homes. Clients depend on these gift cards for monthly assistance with food shopping expenses.
- JET Express – Volunteer drivers are needed, 21 years of age or older, to use their own personal vehicles to drive older adults to activities that will keep them active and independent. Each driver needs to have a clear driving record, a current driver’s license and auto insurance. Mileage will be reimbursed at $0.19/mile.
- Administrative Support – Assist in the day-to-day operations of the agency by providing support in the following areas: special projects, clerical tasks and other valued work. You will work side-by-side with our staff providing the behind-the-scenes help that makes our organization run smoothly.
- Special Events – GJFS holds several events throughout the year that educates the community about those we serve and helps raise the funds we need to continue our work. Volunteers are vital to the success of these programs, which involve planning, fundraising, socializing and creativity.
- Click here to download the Volunteer application