Make a Donation
Attend an Event
One Hour Can Change a Life
It’s true. Volunteering as little as one hour a month – or more if you are able – can help strengthen our community and make a difference in someone’s life in ways you can’t imagine. Our strength lies in our collective action.
Goodman JFS volunteers help those in our community facing hunger, poverty, loneliness and isolation. We welcome all volunteers regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, background and skills. All that is required is a desire to make a difference in our community. We’ll work with you to match your interests, skills and availability with one of our clients or programs. Won’t you please join us by becoming a volunteer today? Contact Michelle Pines, email: email@example.com or call 954-530-7555, option 4.
- The Dorit & Ben J. Genet Cupboard – Volunteers are needed to help with sorting and bagging food, delivering food to those in our community who cannot come to The Dorit & Ben J. Genet Cupboard, helping clients as they shop, and providing administrative support, such as ordering supplies, contacting food donors, scheduling volunteers and drivers, and other activities as needed. To inquire about current volunteer opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friendly Visitors (Holocaust survivors, as well as older adult clients) – Our Friendly Visitor program matches volunteers with socially isolated and often homebound Holocaust survivors and/or older adult clients in our community. Volunteers meet with their matched client for at least one hour every week to provide companionship and a social connection. When possible, matches are created based on common interests, hobbies and location. Friendly Visitors fulfill a sacred role by reminding these individuals that they remain an important part of our community. (Temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.)
- Friendly Caller (Holocaust survivors, as well as older adult clients) – Friendly Caller volunteers call isolated, homebound Holocaust survivors and/or older adult clients once a week. As a Friendly Caller, volunteers check in, chat and make sure the person is doing well. (Temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.)
- Food Card Delivery Program (Holocaust survivors, as well as older adult clients) – Volunteers are needed to make regular monthly home deliveries of grocery gift cards. Each volunteer delivers grocery cards to a group of clients. This requires driving to Goodman JFS to pick up the gift cards and delivering the cards to our clients’ homes. Clients depend on these gift cards for monthly assistance with food shopping expenses. (Temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.)
- Administrative Support – Assist in the day-to-day operations of the agency by providing support in the following areas: special projects, clerical tasks and other valued work. You will work side-by-side with our staff providing the behind-the-scenes help that makes our organization run smoothly. (Temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.)
- Special Events – Goodman JFS holds several events throughout the year that educates the community about those we serve and helps raise the funds we need to continue our work. Volunteers are vital to the success of these programs, which involve planning, fundraising, socializing and creativity. (Temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.)
- RAK PAK – Volunteers are needed to help with sorting clothing, helping clients as they shop during their appointment, help schedule appointments and other activities as needed.
With an abundance of caution due to the COVID-19 virus, the Teen Board is temporarily suspended. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Ways to Help
Make a Donation
Attend an Event
Become a Monthly Donor
Join Our Growing Community