What is Care Management?
Care management involves the coordination and planning of care for older adults and individuals with mental and/or physical impairments to maintain their independence and meet their long term care needs. Care Managers are professionals who advocate for their clients to ensure they have the physical and emotional supports they need for the quality of life they deserve. Care Managers combine a working knowledge of community resources, psychology, health and human development, family dynamics and funding sources to provide personalized and compassionate continuum of care. Family Link Care Managers act as a liaison between the client and the family ensuring that transitions are smooth and assuring that care is consistent with the lifestyle, culture and resources of the client.
If you have a loved one that lives in Broward County and you are local or in another region of the U.S., Family Link will provide you with the service you want and the peace of mind you need.
To learn more, complete this form and a program representative will be in touch with you shortly.
Let our care manager be your local liaison and your loved one’s advocate
The 4 Cs of Personalized Care Planning
- Caring Professionals
- Communication with Families
We work together with families to provide the peace of mind you need. We make a difference because we love what we do.
Personalized Care Management
Full Family Support
Our Care Managers become your partner and act as a liaison with all family members. We educate families about community resources, assist in making sure transitions are smooth and assure that care is consistent with the lifestyle, culture and resources of the client.
Acknowledging that everyone has individual needs, Family Link provides a personal plan of care for you and your loved ones.
View Our Brochure
Are you worried about an older adult or concerned about a family member?
Family Link Care Managers are professionals hired by families or caregivers to navigate through challenging times. Like an extension of the family, Care Managers assist clients to ensure their quality of life and address their emotional and physical well-being. The Care Manager works in conjunction with families, community resources and other providers to make sure that a client’s needs are met. The family is kept up-to-date after each visit. Family Link Care Managers are experts at providing solutions and coordinating trusted care for your loved one.
- 1. Needs Assessment
- 2. Plan Development
- 3. Monitoring
- 4. Support
- Conduct a needs assessment in the home, hospital or any facility
- Arrange care for any necessary services
- Schedule and attend medical or other appointments
- Manage activities of daily living
- Assist your loved one in coping with memory loss, changes in behavior or judgment
- Help your loved one cope with loss of an adult child, spouse or partner
- Address any concerns of family, spouse or caregivers
Family Link provides peace of mind by:
- Creating a customized personal comprehensive plan of care specific to your lifestyle references
- Being your advocate with physicians, any medical or healthcare providers, lawyers, trust officers and guardians
- Providing consistent and timely communication with all those involved in caregiving
- Attempting to prevent a crisis with proactive attention to the changing circumstances of clients
- Decision making guidance for challenges that include the introduction of new services, treatments, a move, or other changes in circumstance
- Decision making guidance for the planning for future needs including legal, financial and end of life
- Matching and oversight of the relationship between paid caregivers and clients
- Integrating private and public resources and services, as appropriate
- Monitoring safety in the home
- Empowering family caregivers
- Connecting our clients to community based services
- Coordinating care when multiple providers are required
- Educating families with respect to coping with health and lifestyle changes
- Intervening when a crisis beyond anyone’s control occurs
- Attempting to provide assurance with the highest quality and consistency of care
We offer several levels of Care Management so you may choose the monthly package
to best suit your loved one’s needs as well as your budget. Call to learn more.
Family Link Direct line 954-909-0798
Main Line 954-370-2140
Call for a complimentary Consultation