Teen Dating Violence Warning SignsFebruary 20th, 2018 - jfsbroward
Teen Dating Violence (TDV) is a pattern of abuse or threat of abuse against teenaged dating partners. This can occur in different forms, including verbal, emotional, physical, sexual, and digital. Teen domestic violence affects everyone and occurs across diverse groups and cultures and ages.
How do you know if you are affected by teen dating violence? Take a look at some common warning signs of dating abuse and a teen power and control wheel.
Warning signs of teen dating violence:
• Checking cell phones, emails or social networks without permission
• Extreme jealousy or insecurity
• Constant belittling or put-downs
• Explosive temper
• Isolation from family and friends
• Making false accusations
• Constant mood swings towards you
• Physically inflicting pain or hurt in any way
• Telling someone what to do
• Repeatedly pressuring someone to have sex